Sunday, July 15, 2012

Welcome

My first post on this blog... just me in Orlando attending a SANS GPEN training. I'm an early bird :)

O yeah... who am I? Well my name is Malik.
An IT security consultant working for my own company MME.
We are performing security audits, including penetration testing and vulnerability assessments, for medium and large-sized companies.

I'm also working as an IT trainer. I'm holding the Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) certificate and I'm a local mentor for the SANS Institute. I'm mentoring the SANS "SEC 560 - Network Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking" course. During the weekly sessions, I act as a coach to assist students in comprehending the SANS materials.

Recently I started with a new project: ITSEC GAMES. A fun approach to IT security education.
IT security, ethical hacking, training and fun... all mixed together.
In each game you have to complete multiple challenges in a simulated live environment.
My mission is to teach you something about ITSEC in an interactive way through games.

Welcome to my blog!

See you soon for some great ITSEC articles.